Fire mass compound
- For repair and sealing of cracks and holes in fireplaces, ovens, chimneys, etc.
- Withstands 1500 ˚C
- Very good adhesive properties on metal, tiles and cement
- Expands or does not contract after solidification
- Good gas resistance
- The surfaces shall be free of dust, dirt, paint, oil and grease. Porous materials should be moistened carefully with water in order to increase the adhesive property.
- Cut off the tip of the cartridge to the desired jointing width. Apply with mastic/putty gun.
- If required, spread out the sealant with a putty blade or knife that has been moistened. Immediately wipe off excess compound with a wet rag.
- Allow to dry for at least 24 hours. Thereafter increase the unit's temperature in stages. Excessively fast warming can cause cracking in the sealant if it isn't completely dry.
Consistency: Black compound
Ingredients: Water glass, kaolin
Density: 1.92 g/cm²
pH: approx 12
Temperature sensitivity: 1500 °C
Application temperature: > 0 °C
Drying time: 24 hours (skins after 5 minutes)
Volume: 310 ml