Generally usable for all priming of wood outdoors. Also for priming of old oil-based paint/linseed oil paint prior to over-painting. Can also be used as a primer for insulation of fire or water-damaged surfaces indoors and other types of regular priming works.
Outdoor primer is a traditional matt primer for wood outdoors. The paint covers well, has good penetrating properties, excellent adhesion and body. Outdoor primer is the natural choice for all system painting outdoors.
Old clean-scraped, previously painted surfaces must be washed with soda and rinsed with water and allowed to dry thoroughly. In cases of fungal attack the surface shall be primed with a suitable disinfectant. Priming is done using undiluted Outdoor primer, or diluted with 10 - 15 % turpentine when painting on hardwood or resin-rich timber. Apply with a compact brush, working the paint well into the timber. Take special care to treat the ends of the timber and timber joints properly. These surfaces should first be oiled with Primer oil before the primer paint is applied. Avoid painting on warm or sunlit surfaces. Heat means that the solvent will quickly dry out, and the binding agent will consequently not have time to penetrate into the timber with resultant bad adhesion.
If not all the contents of the tin are used, take care to seal the tin properly. Then store the tin upside-down. This ensures that any skin that might form will be at the bottom of the tin.
- Area of use: Outdoors on wood, or indoors as a patent paint.
- Application: Brush, roller or spray.
- Gloss: Matt
- Density: 1.44 in compliance with SS-18 41 11
- Viscosity: 250 cP (slightly tixotropic)
- Dry matter content: 63 volume %
- Paint consumption: 4–7 m²/l (sawn timber)
- 7–12 m²/l (planed timber).
- Drying time: Can be recoated after 16–32 h
- Thinning/cleaning: Aliphatic spirit/turpentine.
- Colour: White
- Fire class: 3
- Storage/transport: 2 years in unopened packaging.
- Application conditions: Above +4 °C, not too warm.
- Marginal limit value VOC: (cat A/d) 300 g/l. (2010)
- Product contains max: 300 g/l VOC.