Mending a puncture – Changing tyres and inner tubes
We show you how in the video below.
- Start by letting the air out of the inner tube.
- Remove the wheel.
- Insert the tyre lever under the edge of the tyre and pry upwards while hooking the other end into a spoke.
- Use the other tyre lever to pull the tyre up by pushing the edge of the tyre up around the entire wheel. Remove the tyre from the rim by hand.
- Pump the inner tube a bit to give it shape.
- Place the inner tube into the old/new tyre and make sure the valve is angled inwards.
- Thread the inner tube valve into the rim and start fitting the tyre onto the wheel by hand.
- Screw on the wheel.
- Inflate the wheel and make sure the guiding line on the tyre is equally around the entire tyre and on both sides.
- Refit the wheel to the bicycle.
NOTE! If you get a puncture, check the tyre to make sure there are no shards or debris left inside the tyre.
Browse our range of affordable bicycle tyres and inner tubes!
And don’t forget to also check out our range of bicycle tools and products for maintenance, cleaning and lubrication.