Spend Summer on Your Boat
The possibilities out at sea are virtually endless, with activities for the whole family. Alternate between some relaxing fishing and fast-pace water sports. You can start the day with a refreshing morning dip in the sea and round it off with a quiet moment of reading.
At Biltema we have everything you need for fantastic days out at sea, no matter if you’re taking a day trip or going on a long boating holiday.
Adrenaline, speed, water and activity, what can go wrong? In our opinion, you’re never too old to have fun. That’s why we have a range of water sports products for the whole family.
Test your balance and paddle on a SUP, or get your adrenaline pumping as you cling to an inflatable tube being towed by the boat.
Visit new marinas
A boat gives you the freedom to discover beautiful new places and exciting destinations.
Visitor marinas along the coasts allow you to easily dock your boat and explore new sights and places – while creating memories to last a lifetime.
Some visitor marinas may be small and crowded, so it’s important that you are able to manoeuvre your boat well, which can be challenging at times. But challenges should not stop you – quite the opposite! If you have the right tools, challenges are a learning experience. We offer a few tips for necessary tools and useful manoeuvres to make docking a breeze.
Tips for mooring at marinas
- You need to have appropriately sized fenders for your boat so that they provide the right support when docking.
- Attach the fenders to the boat’s guard rails to prevent damage.
- You will need rope that is strong enough and long enough for your boat.
- Keep both the rope and fenders close at hand when entering the marina.
- If possible, try to use the wind to steer the boat during the final approach to the dock.
- Practice makes perfect – so practise, practise and practise.
Safety comes first on the water
When out on the water, it is important to not get in over your head and always think about your own safety and the safety of other passengers. For this reason, everyone must wear a life jacket, even your four-legged friends.
But it’s not only a life jacket that’s important out on the water, there are a number of other things you need to consider in order to ensure safety on board.
- Check the weather forecast before heading out.
- Charge your mobile phone before you leave, so you can call for help if necessary.
- Do not drink alcohol when out on the water.
- Take a course and get a boating licence.
- Never exceed the max. permitted number of passengers on board.
- Maintain a safe speed and keep good watch for other boats.
- Always keep charts, compass calipers, protractor, and magnetic compass on board.
- Pack dry clothes, emergency supplies, water and matches to keep on board.
- Before setting out, check fuel and oil levels and navigation lights.
Choose the right life jacket
The life jacket is a cheap form of insurance when you're at sea; always wear it when you're onboard! We have the right life jacket for you and the whole family!
Check out our range of life jackets